Sunday, October 25, 2009

On a Lighter Note: Chicken!


Actually, not exactly "light" considering how much butter I used...


I've never been a big fan of roast chicken, but that's probably because I wasn't using enough butter--or bacon (the Italian pancetta variety, of course).

This was so very delicious. I stuffed the chicken with shallots, pancetta and chopped prunes mixed with sherry and dijon. Then I rubbed loads of softened butter underneath the skin. Then covered the whole thing with more dijon (and salt and pepper). Then I baked at 350 for 1 hour +45 minutes. I removed the stuffing and mixed it with some of the pan juices. Then I carved the PERFECTLY JUICY AND TENDER bird and covered the rich, sweet and savory stuffing. Yum.
I served it with roasted butternut squash, but when I do it again I'll probably serve it with an arugula salad and a light vinegrette. The chicken was so rich--it needed something acidic and fresh to complement.

No comments:

Post a Comment