Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First Friday

First Fridays are important in our family. The first Friday of the month is, as you know, set aside as a day of special devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and I have, at some points in history attended First Fridays adoration and Mass. Small children I could name have made this practice a bit more challenging, but this past Friday I was able to attend Mass with Miss Hattie in tow. Hattie amused herself by reorganizing the hymnals and I was able to grab a quiet moment, for which I am so thankful.

But First Fridays are important to Thomas More and Myself for other, secular reasons as well. Namely: Good JuJu and the vintage markets in the West Bottoms, which are only open on the first weekend of every month. I usually go down on Friday morning with my lovely friend Anna, but since she now resides in Our Nation's Capital I have been lacking a shopping buddy.

This month I headed down with some Bible Study friends and my husband, who took some time out of his busy schedule to hang with the ladies.

A view of the warehouse.
Thomas More and Harriet trying out a Bentwood cafe chair.

Chandelier sideways.
Bridge at sunset. After shopping we ate at a delicious vegan restaurant off Summit.

I liked their stripy wall.

And their metalic gold wall. I entertained Hattie by taking pictures of her and showing her the results on the little screen on the back of the camera.

This is probably the least flattering picture I have ever seen of either of us.

1 comment: