Monday, January 24, 2011

Harriet's Nursery

I deem Hattie's nursery "finished." For now at least. The roman shades (linen with pink silk lining) are installed and lovely. The crib bedding is here. The mobile swings gracefully from the ceiling. The books are on the shelf. The room is delightful and sunny. Both Hattie and I love it dearly.

For a "before" shot with inspiration photos see here.










































































Sources:

Crib: Jenny Lind spindle crib in White (Toys R Us)
Bedding: custom by Elizabeth Allen
Toy Basinet: vintage (courtesy of Grandma Winter!)
Crane Mobile: Etsy
Our Lady of Guadalupe: from Mexico, given to us by Hattie's godparents
"El Espiritu" Poster: original from Hammerpress (purchased while I was in labor!!)
Bookshelf: vintage restored from Good Juju
Dresser/Changing Table: vintage restored, Craigslist
"Keep Calm" Poster: Barter Books, Alnwick, England***
Glider Chair: Pottery Barn Kids


***I KNOW that the "Keep Calm and Carry On" image is now so ubiquitous as to be a cliche. But I must defend my use of said cliche.

Last December, just before I got pregnant, the Lovely Husband and I took a trip to Northumberland where we stumbled upon a fabulous bookstore housed in an old train station. (See blog post here.) Here we discovered that the original "Keep Calm" WWII poster was first (re)discovered by the owners of Barter Books. Lovely Husband purchased a facsimile copy for myself and gave it to me for Christmas--when I was just pregnant with Hat (unbeknownst to me).

So this poster has a very special place in my heart.

Besides. It is an appropriate sentiment for a nursery, I have found.


No comments:

Post a Comment